Home Board of Governors Association Bylaws & Articles of Incorporation Association Directory Policy Manual
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF THE NEBRASKA TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE ASSOCIATION
ARTICLE I - NAME:
The name of this Corporation is: Nebraska Technical Community College Association
ARTICLE II - DURATION:
The period of the Corporation's duration is perpetual.
ARTICLE III - PURPOSES:
The purposes for which this Corporation is organized are:
- To promote the welfare and common good of Nebraska's Technical Community College Areas and to advance the concepts of community college education.
- To participate and cooperate with other persons, groups, organizations, and governmental entities in the planning and operation of programs and policies beneficial to the Technical Community College Areas, their students and the public at large.
- To facilitate and enhance communication, cooperation and coordination among the Governors, officers, and administrators of Nebraska's Technical Community College Areas and with other persons interested in said areas or community college education.
- To develop and improve the expertise and leadership capabilities of elected Governors of Nebraska's Technical Community College Areas.
- To do and transact all other lawful business incident to, necessary, suitable or advisable for, or in any way connected with, the purposes for which the corporation is formed.
- To do everything necessary, proper, advisable or convenient for the accomplishment of the purposes herein above set forth.
The Corporation shall have and exercise all powers and rights conferred upon corporations by the Nebraska Non-profit Corporation Act and any enlargement of such powers conferred by subsequent legislative acts; and, in addition thereto, the Corporation shall have and exercise all powers and rights, not otherwise denied corporations by the laws of the State of Nebraska as are necessary, suitable, proper, convenient or expedient to the attainment of the purposes set forth in Article III above; provided, however, this Corporation shall not participate or intervene, directly or indirectly, in political campaigns on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office.
INITIAL REGISTERED OFFICE & INITIAL REGISTERED AGENT:
The street address of the initial registered office of the Corporation is: 521 South 14th Street, Lincoln, Nebraska 68508, and the name of its initial registered agent at such address is: Charles F. Noren.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
There shall be six (6) Directors constituting the initial board of directors. The name and address of each Director is: Gordon Schempp, 9917 Grover Street, Omaha, Nebraska 68124; Ted Doyle, 1415 H Street, Fairbury, Nebraska 68352; Benson Thornton, 110 22nd Drive, Norfolk, Nebraska 68701; Max Hanson, Elsie, Nebraska 69134; Ron Krejci, 301 East 11th Street, Schuyler, Nebraska 68661; and John Moore, P.O. Box 711, Sidney, Nebraska 69162.
NAMES AND ADDRESS OF INCORPORATORS:
The names and addresses of the incorporators are: Claudia Zanolli, 3411 "W" Street, Lincoln, Nebraska 68503; and Charles F. Noren, Route 8, Lincoln, Nebraska 68506.
The undersigned, being the sole incorporators hereinbefore named, for the purpose of forming a corporation under the Nebraska Non-profit Corporation Act do hereby adopt and sign these Articles of Incorporation this 1st day of October, 1980.
Claudia Zanolli Charles F. Noren
NAME CHANGE IN BY-LAWS & ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
Whereas LB 663 removes the word "technical" in reference to Nebraska's Community Colleges; and
Whereas LB 625 establishes "an association of community colleges" which will serve as a coordinating body for the Nebraska Community College Areas; and
Whereas the Nebraska Technical Community College Association currently provides the services as outlined in LB 625;
Now Therefore Be It Resolved that the Nebraska Technical Community College Association Board of Directors approve an amendment to the Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation of this organization to change the name of the Association to the Nebraska Community College Association, effective immediately upon approval by a majority of the area Governing Boards, as set forth in the Bylaws.
Adopted this 10th day of August 1991.